You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Genetics & Eating Disorders’ category.
May 24, 2008 in anorexia, Anorexia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder (BED), Binge Eating Disorder Research, Biostatistics, Blogs, Bulimia, Bulimia Nervosa, Disordered Eating Behaviors, Division of Epidemiology, Dr Walter Kaye, Eating Disorder Advocacy, Eating Disorder News, Eating Disorder Recovery, Eating Disorder Research, Eating Disorder Treatment, Eating Disorders, ED recovery, Empowered Families, Empowered Parents, Evidence Based Treatment for Eating Disorders, Evidence-Based Medicine, Genetic Analysis and Eating Disorders, Genetic and Environmental causes of ED's, Genetics & Eating Disorders, Klarman Family Foundation Grants Program in Eating Diso, Klarman Foundation Grant Recipients 2008-10, Medical/Evidence-Based Research in Eating Disorders, Medicine, meta-analysis, Neurobiology of Treating Eating Disorders, Neuroscience, Neuroscience and Eating Disorders, Parent Activism and Eating Disorders, Public Education of ED's, Research and Recovery, Research Foundations and Eating Disorders, Science, Sociocultural Factors in Eating Disorders | Tags: anorexia, Anorexia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder (BED), Bulimia, Bulimia Nervosa, Eating Disorder News, Eating Disorder Recovery & Treatment, Genetic Analysis and Eating Disorders, Genetics and Eating Disorders, Klarman Foundation Grants Program in Eating Disorders R, Medical Research in Eating Disorders, Neuroscience and Eating Disorders | Leave a comment
The Klarman Family Foundation Grants Program in Eating Disorders Research whose long term goals are to accelerate progress in developing effective treatments for eating disorders has listed their 2008-2010 Award Recipients of outstanding scientists and researchers in the field :
- Wade Berrettini, MD, PhD – University of Pennsylvania – Genome-wide Association Study of Anorexia
- Catherine Dulac, PhD Harvard University – Genetic & Epigenetic Pathways Underlying the Neural Circuits of Feeding Behavior
- Guido Frank, MD – University of Colorado Denver – The Brain Reward System Across the Major Eating Disorders & its Relationship to Genotype
- Angela Guarda, MD – John Hopkins University School of Medicine- Role of the Cannabinoid (CBI) System in Bulimia Nervosa
- Alvaro Pascual-Leone, MD, PhD – Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center – The Role of the Right Prefrontal Cortex in Binge Eating Disorder: A Translational Research Study Using Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) & Functional Magnetic Resonance Imagery (fMRI)
- Maribel Rios, PhD – Tufts University School of Medicine – Examination of the Role of Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor in Binge Eating Disorder
- Leslie Vosshall, PhD – The Rockefeller University – Identification of Novel Genes & Circuits in Animal Model of Binge Eating Disorder
- Jeffrey Zigman, MD, PhD – U.T. Southwestern Medical Center – Mechanism by which Ghrelin & Orexin Defend Against Depression & Anxiety
Real scientists and genuine clinicians doing real work to make continued strides towards improved treatments, diagnostic tools, preventative modalities in treating eating disorders more of a reality along with further educating/training the medical community and wider public– CONGRATULATIONS! Many of us wish you full-speed ahead as well!